It’s extremely gloomy and gray today, so getting my POPFLEX in the mail early really brightened my day! I rushed to open each package and tried everything on. I noticed that the sizing changed pretty drastically from the Mermaid to Dark Bloom, as everything ran smaller than before (like with the Wishing Star Capris that I reviewed HERE).
*DB: Dark Bloom
I’ll post better pictures later, but here’s a brief review of my haul:
I tried the bottoms on first! Everything fit as expected, as I went a size up (size 8) and it was pretty comfy. The color of the Dark Bloom print, along with the cabernet Adventure Zip leggings were so pretty!
The black tank (Victorious Tank in night) fit pretty well, and I like the soft material that it’s made out of. The Adventure Zip leggings surprisingly fit kinda snug vs the Your Royal Highness leggings (that I reviewed here ) in the same size, which I thought was weird. The Zenith Zip bra is probably my favorite bra out of the bunch, as I don’t have to do my usual contortion act to get my broad shoulders over the straps. Just zip up and I’m good to go.
Here is an overall kinda quick review 😉
*something to note* Whatever has the Dark Bloom print has a similar material to the BodyPOP watercolor shorts, so it feels slippery and smooth.
- Heart Strings bra (night, cabernet, DB) size 4
- A little bit tight. If you have wide shoulders and a small bust, I would size up. Overall it fits my small chest (size 34A), but I had a difficult time getting it over my shoulders. What’s frustrating is that I was a size 4 in their previous collection (Peony, that bra was my favorite!) but according to this picture, there is a bit of a width difference:
- Zenith Zip bra (size 4)
- again, fits my boobs but a bit tight around my shoulders.
- Also feels a bit tight around the arm pit area.
- Love the zipper, which reduces my struggle to put on/remove the bra by A LOT.
- Print is amazing, as usual.
- I recommend sizing up, especially due to the tight arm pit area.
- Victorious Tank in night (size 6)
- Comfy and soft, felt pretty true to size
- I like the swooping, curved hemline at the bottom.
- The deep V cut lets you show off your sports bra without being too hoochie mama (lol).
- Curious Crop Top (size 6) in DB
- Glad I went up a size, as I figured my wide shoulders would cause issues.
- The neckline is pretty tight, so I recommend sizing up
- No zippers or clasps, so pulling this on was no minor feat!
- makes my arms/shoulders look pretty good
- Once it’s on, it’s super pretty and the straps are wide and sturdy–I can probably do PIIT28 in this and have everything stay in place (though I’m small-chested so I can’t speak for different chested girls)
- Adventure Zip legging (size 8) in Cabernet
- a little snug than the Highness in size 8, but fit well
- love the POCKETS and the fact that I can unzip the leggings whenever I need to take them off!
- Fly Away Run short (size 8) in DB
- Definitely go a size down! The band is stretchy but pretty wide. I need to exchange mine for a smaller size.
- I love the design of the shorts and how they look like flower petals 🙂
- The material is similar to surf shorts (quick to dry, light, and stretchy)
- The shorts don’t have a liner (the part that looks like underwear) so if you need more cover, you can wear black POP shorts or compression shorts underneath
- Read the Stylist tips on the product page–the drawstrings are long so you can cut and customize it to the length that you want.
- Wishing Star capris (size 8) in Dark Bloom
- true to size, comfy
- They’re beautiful, that’s all I can say.
- I love that the wishing star parts of the capris are made out of the DB print, too!
- The only downside: NO POCKETS 😦 they’d be perfect if they had pockets. Oh well.
If you’re interested in getting some POPFLEX, click here! If you have any questions about sizing or anything, feel free to leave a comment. Happy shopping! 🙂